Web.com Hosting Review – A Reliable Hosting To Choose In 2019?
Welcome to Web.com hosting review. Every business has its own characteristics and may call for a particular type of solution that will be fit for their company size, type of clients and staff and even individual niche they deal with.
You should not count on getting an ideal service that is going to work for each business no matter what their history is.
Web.Com Hosting Review – All You Need To Know About Web.Com Hosting!
Contents Of This Review
It may be a good idea to read a few Web.com reviews first and even then you should pay attention to what the hosting service is intended to do for your company and your staff. Do you need a simple and intuitive hosting with only elementary features?
Will you actually make use of the complex tools required by pros and large enterprises? Are there any specific tools that are especially beneficial for the industry you work in? If you ask yourself these questions it will be much easier to locate a reliable.
Introduction to Web.com Hosting
Web.com is a US-based company that offers a range of internet services including website building, website design, and online marketing. It offers three hosting plans with a choice of Linux or Windows operating systems. The company provides unlimited domains, disk space, and bandwidth with select plans.
With more than 50 million websites hosted on their servers, we are talking about one of the largest site building companies worldwide.Web.com provides a wide range of internet services that includes Web Hosting.
While they heavily advertise their site building service, they also provide three Web Hosting plans that are both flexible and affordable.
An A+ Rated Hosting?
The business has been accredited with the BBB since 2005 and had a rating of A+. That says a lot about how they conduct their business.In mid-2012 they launched a completely new version of their product called SiteBuilder 3. Most notably they have introduced a range of new and very modern designs and added full drag and drop support to their editor.
The premium plans of this website builder include a variety of apps such as an online store and an option to manage membership accounts for your audience. Unfortunately, the free version is limited to 5 pages only.
Although we would have liked to see additional plans offered, the web hosting service does provide a decent feature set. Standard features include a control panel, website builder and site statistics. The service additionally provides advertising credits for promoting your website on major search engines.
The credits don’t amount to much but they provide a good springboard for marketing your site. Web.com also provides several access options for your site, including unlimited FTP accounts and secure shell (SSH) access.
Unlimited FTP accounts allow you to give others (e.g., employees and site designers) access to your site.
Web.com Hosting Features
- Web.com starts customers off with all the hosting essentials: ample storage allowances, unlimited data transfer, and a free domain. You can literally have your account set up and a web page live in less than 10 minutes.
- Web.com’s email hosting touts spam and virus protection, and both POP3 and SMTP support are standard. Even when you’re unavailable, you can keep in touch with clients or customers by setting up auto-responders.
- Domain renewal fees are the one thing we’d be wary of, as $37/year is pretty pricey. We would recommend, however, that you take advantage of the domain privacy feature, which is only about $2/month!
- With email storage allotments exceeding 100GB, Web.com gives you everything you need to run your business.
- Web.com supports most popular open-source scripts, featuring single-click installations for WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
- If you’re familiar with coding and would like to customize your site’s HTML and CSS, you can do so in PHP, Python, or Ruby on Rails.
- With automatic backups and site restore functionality, Web.com lets you rest assured your website data is in good hands.
- User-friendliness. To be fair to Web.com – there might be some value in offering packages that sell simplicity or hosting plans with low caps. Not everyone wants to compare different plans or look for more features when basic features will do fine.
However, if you are selling simplicity, your process should actually be simple. Web.com’s sign up process, their backend and their tools are only “user-friendly” in a 2006 sort of way.
Web.Com Online Marketing Tools & Services
In addition to hosting, web com will help you develop and perfect your online marketing strategy so that once you’ve got your site online, you can get it out there and make sure people know you’re here.
Their online marketing tools include:
- Ignite Online Marketing: With this service, web.com will promote you in all of the major search engines and directories online. That includes Google, Google+, Yahoo!, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, and Yellow Pages among hundreds of others. They can even get you listed on maps so that you show up in GPS devices!
- Facebook boost: This lets you increase your visibility by helping you target the right audience and engage your potential customers. And if that sounds like something you have no idea about, don’t worry. Because their team of social media experts do it all for you!
- Search Engine Optimisation: If you’re struggling to come up with compelling and attractive content that will draw more traffic to your website, you can make use of web com’s team of expert SEO developers.
They’ll meet with you once a month to work on creating a strategy, optimizing your site, reviewing results, and more. They edit your content for you to make it more search engine friendly and submit monthly reports to show you the results of your SEO strategy.
Web.com Uptime and performance
An important area where web.com flexes its muscle is in uptime. Uptime refers to the percentage of time that your website is going to actually be up and running. All servers can experience a variety of troubles that cause a site to crash.
But if your site is being hosted on a server that crashes often, what’s the point of even having a site up at all? Web com has a 99.99% uptime which is the highest you can get on the market. That means that you can rest assured your website is up and running whenever and whatever your visitors want to check out.
Web.com Moneyback Policy
Web.com has a 30-day money back guarantee, which is par for the course in the Web hosting space. That said, DreamHost tops it with an impressive 97-day refund.
Web.com Customer Support
Web.com provides 24/7 support through phone and email. The company also actively uses Facebook and Twitter for customer interactions. Web.com hosts a blog and offers a newsletter for updates. The website features a number of articles that provide information about website building and other activities.
If you’re Web.com customer, you do get support. Users can contact Web.com customer service in a few different ways. For technical support with the email, hosting, or the site builder, call Web.com help at 1-800-932-4678. Customer support for Web.com’s SEO, Web design, and marketing plans can be reached by dialling 1-800-311-2707.
Web.com customer support also gives you the option to call 1-800-862-8658 for a free consultation regarding the quality of your website. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for help, or search the Web.com customer support portal for the answers you seek.
Webs.com is an okay website builder with a rich set of features that can’t be found anywhere else. The way you can organise your site’s design stands out. The carousel image slider is pretty unique and will make your website look professional.
However, at this time some parts of the user interface feel a bit inconsistent as they’ve been taken over from the old site builder version. Also, when we revisited the review in September 2015 we were surprised that there haven’t been a lot of improvements since the last major update three years ago. Let’s hope Webs will polish everything out in the future.
Next to their free plan they currently offer three different paid plans. The Enhanced and Pro plans also include email accounts. When comparing prices with other providers you have to be a bit careful: by default, they show you prices for 2-year plans.